Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pre-College Jitters

I’ve looked forward to this time in my life since as far back as I can remember. College has always seemed so “dreamy.” The new found independence and ability to “find yourself” is right at the students fingertips, what kind of a teenager could ask for anything else?!


Now my time is here, I leave in less than 36 hours, and I’m kind of scared. I’m going to be by myself and be able to do whatever I want, but that’s one of the last things I want. Philippians 4:6-7 states, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” God keeps reminding me that I have to place my anxiousness and worry at the foot of the cross, and He will willing replace that with His peace. 


It’s been an interesting journey getting to this point in my life, and God’s been teaching me the whole way to trust Him. But now, more than ever I’ve learned that I can’t do it on my own. He is sovereign. He sees the bigger pictures, and knows exactly where I’ll fit in. I’ve been reading John Piper’s, Don’t Waste Your Life, which mentions that we aren’t called to live safely and comfortably. We’re called to glorify HIM! That is my desire, that I complete my freshman year and can say, with confidence that I glorified God in all that I did. I understand I’m a human, and it’s not possible through my own strength to do that, but through the Holy Spirit, it can be done! 


I’m excited to see the unveiling of God’s plan in my life throughout this next year, and plan to keep this updated with what’s going on in my life!

1 comment:

  1. awesome!! maybe I should do a blog from the mom perspective!

    ReplyDelete