Sunday, June 26, 2011

Week 3 Summary

I'm happy to report that this past week was by far better than the first and second weeks here at Hyaets.

We spent four out of five days either at a pool-like facility or playing with/in water. I've determined that water makes days better. As silly as it sounds, water seems to bring out the child in the kids. They don't keep up their tough guy acts when surrounded by water. I love it. I would take the kids to the pool everyday if I was allowed.

This past week may have also been better because Lindsay and I were more accustomed to what we were doing. Two weeks ago, we didn't know what to expect, and thus, came unprepared for the day and challenges we were going to face. But this week, we knew the importance of planning and actively entertaining the kids. I think we've also been able to break past their shells some, which has been great. We still had some instances with a few kids, but nothing major.

I'm planning on writing a reflective blog soon on how my time here has affected my views of "the other," and just my ideas of poverty/heartache/organic-ness/green/religion in general. For now, I've got to get some sleep. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment